Is there anything more refreshing than a cool glass of sangria on a warm summer day? I love letting the flavors marinate together overnight - so delicious! I've played around with many different fruit and wine combinations, but I keep coming back to this version. In addition to being packed with flavor, it's also low in calories so you can feel free to pour yourself a second (and third) glass!
Pineapple Lime Summer Sangria
(adapted from Hungry Girl's Swingin' Sangria recipe in Hungry Girl Happy Hour)
Ingredients (for 1 large pitcher, or 10 servings)
* 1 teaspoon sugar-free lemonade powdered drink mix
* 8 oz. can of pineapple chunks packed in juice
* 1 nectarine, chopped
* 1 lime, sliced into rings
* 2 apples, chopped
* 1 750-milliliter bottle of pinot grigio
* 12 oz. diet lemon-lime soda
1) Add the powdered lemonade to 8 ounces of water, stir, and set aside the glass.
2) Prepare all fruit and place in a large pitcher. Add the lemonade drink and the bottle of pinot grigio. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (preferably overnight).
3) Immediately prior to serving, stir the soda into the pitcher.
4) Pour and enjoy!
What's your favorite way to make a summer sangria?
Linking up today with Meg, Leeann, Kimberlee, Molly, Carly, Emily, Kate, Jennifer Juniper, Emily, Kristen, Emily, Mandy, and Mandy.