Back when I hosted my summer kick-off party, I promised you a recipe for a vanilla pear cocktail based on the welcome shots I served that evening. It may have taken me a whole season, but the wait is finally over (and I always think of pears as more of a fall fruit anyway, so let's just say this totally works out).
Oh, and see that fancy faded label box in the picture above? Kristen taught me how to do that - her blog is hilarious, so read on to mix yourself up one of these cocktails and then visit her! I feel so swanky now that I can add this new design element to my photos (especially since I've been using that photo editor for over a year and never figured it out on my own...tech-savvy, I am not!).
Back to the cocktail - don't be scared by the combination of fruit and vanilla...it's not overly sweet, and is pretty refreshing on a crisp fall day, I promise. Plus, fruit is healthy! So that means this is actually good for you, right? Right.
Vanilla Pear Cocktail
* 2 parts pear juice (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
* 1 part vanilla vodka (I used Absolut)
* 1 fresh pear
* Vanilla sugar (optional)
1) For bonus vanilla flavor, rim your glass with vanilla sugar.
2) Mix the pear juice and vodka in a shaker with ice - serve in a tumbler, on the rocks.
3) Thinly slice a pear; float two slices inside the glass, and include one on the rim as garnish.
Linking up today with our gals Emily, Kate, Jennifer Juniper, Emily, Karyn, Kristen, Emily, Mandy, and Mandy.