Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Winter Bucket List
Hey Gals! I'm back in the frigid NYC temps and missing that Florida sun already! Even though I am totally OVER this freezing weather, there are still a few winter activities that I'd like to enjoy before spring rolls in (and fun fact: my birthday is the first day of spring!). We've got just about one more month of winter, so here are some fun things I'm hoping to pack into my calendar:
* Go ice skating: This is a staple of my winter social calendar, but for some reason it just hasn't happened yet this year. I usually skate in Central Park but would like to check out a new rink this year (perhaps at Bryant Park).
* Visit the City Bakery Hot Chocolate Festival: A different flavor of gourmet hot chocolate every day in February?! Yes, please! I'm marking my calendar to try the Salted Caramel Bonnet this weekend.
* Sip drinks at a fireplace bar: If I can't have a fireplace in my studio apartment, at least I can find a cozy bar with warm beverages, comfy couches, and a roaring fire!
* Host a game night: I've got a brand new Cards Against Humanity pack, an unyielding competitive streak, and a love for any kind of theme party...basically, the perfect combination to host the ultimate game night (though as M recently warned me, game nights don't tend to work out too well for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, haha).
* Mix up a new warm liquid cocktail: We love an icy, refreshing cocktail, but lately I've been wanting to spread the love and test out some adult hot chocolate and coffee concoctions...I'll be sure to share any winners with you!
* Have a fondue date night: I mean, I just love cheese soooooo much and fondue seems like the perfect meal for a romantic night in!
* Go sledding in Central Park: If I have to deal with piles and piles of snow, I might as well grab a board, channel my inner 10-year-old, and slide down some park slopes!
* Organize fall photos: This one has been on my to-do list for awhile, but I have tons of great pictures from the past few months that I keep meaning to organize into Facebook albums and I just haven't gotten around to it. With the temperatures continuing to drop and no incentive to go outside, this seems like the perfect weekend afternoon task!
* Try new soup recipes: I'm always up for soup year-round, but especially during the winter. If you have any yummy recipes for me to try, please send them my way!
* Book my next beach vacation!: Because the only way I can deal with this cold is knowing that I will once again be escaping to a tropical paradise.
How are you planning to spend this last month of winter? Let me know if you have any other must-do seasonal activities to add to my list!