I remember last summer I distinctly fell into the latter category of under packing. On our very first outing to the beach with Little M, we pretty much packed like it was just two adults going to the beach, plus our diaper bag filled with his normal necessities of bottles, diapers and a change of clothes. It was basically a disaster waiting to happen, so thank goodness the friends that we went with were waaaayyy more well versed than us and let us borrow all of their stuff throughout the day.
|My little bathing beauty - super cute, but definitely doesn't travel light!|
|Thank you stroller for letting Mommy and Daddy have a peaceful lunch!|
3. Blow-up pool – This is one of those items that seemed like total nonsense to me in my pre-child days, but now is probably my number 1 must have, especially if you have a toddler. The one we bought was perfect since it's just big enough to keep Little M amused and cool, but doesn't take forever to fill (see also #4!), plus you can't beat the 8.99 price!
5. Assorted beach toys – This one is a bit of a no brainer, but I figured I’d share my favorite set of beach toys that we have. The plus to this set is the large bucket that fits all of the rest of the toys. Not only is it a handy way to keep everything all together, but it also helps get that baby pool I mentioned above filled up more quickly! You’d be surprised how long it takes to fill up that little baby pool with just a couple inches of water, so the bigger the bucket, the less the number of trips back and forth to the ocean are required.
6. Extra sippy cups – This is another one we learned the hard way after having to clean a sandy, salty sippy cup off one too many times. Always pack a couple of back-ups, so you can be sure your little one has a fresh and clean sippy cup to keep them hydrated in the hot sun. These Munchkin Click Lock Cups are some of my faves since the straw retracts inside when closed and is actually spill proof.
7. Crocs - Crocs are a summer staple in our house, but especially at the beach. They somehow always magically stay on his feet, and are so easy to rinse off after a messy day in the sand.
8. Beach Cart – And last but certainly not least is our favorite beach cart. This was another live and learn situation, after having GG nearly break his back trying to carry all of our bags and accessories, while trying to wrangle a baby! We load this baby up and wheel it onto the beach, then once it’s time to go home, it conveniently folds up taking up hardly any of the space in the car. I love this one, though there are tons of great options available on Amazon.
What are your family beach necessities?