Hey Gals! I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Little M has proven to be quite a picky eater once he entered toddlerhood and I’m constantly struggling to find food and recipes that he’ll eat. The tough thing is that one minute he’ll
|A typical evening in the M house -you'd think I was trying to feed him poison!|
1. Avocado + Blueberry Yummy Toddler Mini Muffins - Little M loves a blueberry muffin and I love that these have delicious and nutritious avocado in them.
2. Carrot Orange Smoothie - I mentioned how I love to sneak in veggies whenever I can and smoothies are the perfect opportunity to pack in some healthy goodness!
3. Teddy Bear Toast - I'll be trying this one out with almond butter since peanuts are also a no go for Little M, but either way, this is 100% adorable.
4. Mini Muffin Pancakes - Pancakes are always a hit in my house and I love that these are bite sized since Little M often likes to take his breakfast on the go (or rather, we are chasing him around the house to take a couple extra bites!).
5. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes - I love that these are already dairy free, plus have the added goodness of bananas and oatmeal.
6. Mini Chicken Pot Pies - A love a one stop shop meal, and this packs everything in, in mini form!
7. Turkey Meatballs - This recipe comes courtesy of Jessica Alba and they are seriously my very favorite meatball recipe (and Little M's too!). They come out unbelievably moist and flavorful and are packed with lots of veggie goodness. And as an added bonus, they freeze great, so I always make a huge batch so I always have these on standby!
8. Butternut Squash Chickpea Cakes - These look completely delicious, plus I'm almost positive I can get Little M to try them out by saying they are chicken nuggets (a little white lie never hurt anyone, right?!). I'd probably leave off the sriracha for him, but definitely keep it on when GG and I have the leftovers!
9. Homemade Alphabet Soup - I'm all about making mealtime fun, and what's more fun than alphabet soup?!
10. Hidden Veggie Mac and Cheese - I recently made this and OMG it was so, so good! I seriously don't think I'll ever go back to making mac and cheese without carrots! Not only does it make it a little healthier, but the taste is unbelievable!
11. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese - Another mac and cheese with some veggies packed in. I can't wait to try this one out this fall!
12. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks - I've been dying to try out cauliflower pizza crust and this recipe gives it the cheesy kick that (hopefully!) Little M will love too. Manchego is my cheese of choice for him since it's really mild and a sheep's milk, so it's allergy friendly!
13. Baked Carrot Fries - What kid doesn't love fries!? These guys are like french fries' orange cousin, or at least that's what I plan on telling Little M!
14. Quinoa Meatballs - These were another huge hit in my house and very kid friendly since Little M loves himself a meatball.
15. Veggie Rice Balls - Another bite sized finger food, packed with lots of veggies and perfect to pack for school lunches. I haven't tried these yet, but they are next on my list!
16. Broccoli Nuggets - These were an instant hit with Little M and he kept asking for "more, more"!
Snacks:17. Energy Balls - These taste like cookie dough, but without all of the added sugar. Plus I love to add in chia seeds to give it an extra healthy kick.
18. Crazy Wacky Cake - Ok, this one isn't exactly healthy, but I do appreciate that it's a dairy free recipe so I'll be trying this out the next time I want to make a treat for Little M!
19. Frozen Yogurt Melts - Yogurt is always a hit in my house, so I love whipping these up and having on hand as an easy and healthy snack.
20. Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins - I recently made these with some blueberries added in and they were a huge hit from everyone in my house!