Happy 1st Cocktail Link-up of the New Year, Gals! We are so excited to continue our fun little monthly cocktail party in 2016, and even more excited to share this recipe with you. When trying to figure out what to mix up this month, we wanted something refreshing, to keep things on the lighter side.When we came across the Paloma recipe, we knew this was the perfect cocktail to kick-off the new year.
It's a combination of grapefruit soda and tequila, and could not be more delicious!
The grapefruit flavor gives it a delicious citrus-y kick, without being too sweet or pungent, while the soda aspect adds a some refreshing effervescence.
And of course, who doesn't love tequila?!
And in case you're thinking, where the heck does one find grapefruit soda, it's actually more accessible than you'd think!
When we went shopping for this one, we were pretty surprised to see how many grapefruit sodas there actually are. We opted for San Pelligrino, but if you want to lighten it up even more, feel free to try a grapefruit flavored seltzer.
We also added a dash of grapefruit bitters since we just so happened to have them on hand, but feel free to leave off if you can't find them.
And to finish it off, we added some fresh citrus, courtesy of a couple of lemon, lime and grapefruit wedges.
Then for a little presentation, stick one of your grapefruit wedges on the rim, and of course, a lovely straw from The Printable Gal.
Cheers to new cocktails in the new year!
- Fill a glass with ice and add 2 ounces of tequila
- Fill remaining glass with grapefruit soda
- Optional: Add a dash or two of grapefruit bitters
- Finish with a couple squeezes from various citrus wedges (we used lemon, lime and grapefruit)
- Give a good stir, and enjoy!
Now it's your turn! Join the party and link-up your favorite cocktail recipe - old or new! As always, we're not sticklers here, so feel free to take a little creative license - wine, beer, mocktails, glassware.. we love it all!
2. Add your favorite cocktail recipe below.
3. Link back to our blog, and/or grab the link-up button!
4. Come back on the second Tuesday of each month to link up again and discover some delicious new cocktails!